Tweets by @AndyTehNerd
I’ve noticed quite a lot of “I’m just not attracted to X” in my years, where X happens to be a member of society that is explicitly propped up as “revolting” by the media and the general public. X includes trans people, black people, fat people, etc. “I’m not racist, I just can’t” I’ve heard. And you know what? I’m not debating whether someone “can”, or whether someone “should”, as if anyone has an obligation to prove their possibilities by forcing them into realities.
But I do expect people to be mature enough to know when they’ve been instructed “thou shalt not” from birth, that they’re not experiencing a unique unbiased independent pure natural totally-has-nothing-to-do-with-society attraction. Not in a society that has been flooding their minds from birth with these anti-X messages. I also expect people to understand that, even if it feels like their sexuality is operating outside of society, that their own messages which contribute to the “X is revolting”, even if not explicitly saying as much, are going to be added to that arsenal by society as a weapon against the next X person.
So again: I don’t expect anyone to run off and force themselves into sexual experiments or whatnot. That’s not what this is about. This is about being willing to introspectively critique one’s own place in society, and how deep that external influence can actually go.
- beshel reblogged this from accidentallasagna
- accidentallasagna reblogged this from andythenerd
- stonedtigrr reblogged this from andythenerd
- trashprincesss reblogged this from andythenerd
- trashprincesss likes this
- epeternally likes this
- flautamom likes this
- changesmith2 likes this
- momomermaid likes this
- maycontainfeminists reblogged this from andythenerd
- potentialhydrogenbomb likes this
- fourcollybirds reblogged this from bigenderbeatnik
- bigenderbeatnik reblogged this from audscratprophetlilith
- audscratprophetlilith reblogged this from andythenerd
- audscratprophetlilith likes this
- andythenerd reblogged this from ohsocialjustice and added:
- nevereverforeverandever likes this
- lyriael reblogged this from andythenerd
- nate-of-the-living-dead likes this
- thegirl-with-kaleidoscope-eyes reblogged this from andythenerd
- howoddnichole likes this
- zjemptv said: I’m continually surprised that people seem to believe that the bedroom is magically a politics- and socialization-free zone.
- daggerpen likes this