I am being told by numerous sources that my posts are just too long, so here is a summary of the myth.
The Myth of Redemptive Violence, which takes its earliest form as the Enûma Elish, generally follows this pattern:
1) Chaos is the natural, original state of reality.
2) The [chaotic] feminine (Tiamat) oppresses the powers (creating the hope that she in turn will be oppressed, and the hope seems to justify it).
3) The [orderly] masculine (Marduk) offers to subdue her, but only if the remaining powers will take him as their ruler (establishing patriarchy as the only hope for society).
4) The masculine/orderly slaughters the feminine/chaotic in creative and entertaining ways, and thus earns the right to dominate.
5) The masculine/orderly creates the world from the corpse of the feminine/chaotic, implying that the very fabric of reality is built on subduing chaos with order, the feminine with the masculine, and that violence is the primary creative force of reality.