Tweets by @AndyTehNerd
From: Andy Semler
Subject: “Transsexuals should cut it out” is a disgusting piece of anti-trans hatred.
Particularly where she at first claims “they’re lucky I’m not calling them shemales. Or shims.” both terms being degrading slurs against trans women in the sex industry (and all trans women by proxy). And then she goes on to actually call them those things when she says “Shims, shemales, whatever you’re calling yourselves these days”, as well as “a bunch of bed-wetters in bad wigs”.
This sort of dehumanization perpetuates an attitude that trans women deserve lesser treatment. Citing your own website: “statistics showed that 70% of children who were uncertain about their gender were subject to bullying. The official figures also show that 88% of transgender employees experienced discrimination or harassment at work, and that hate crime against transgender people had recently risen by 14% to 357 incidents last year.”
Please take a stand for gender equality and against anti-trans hate and transmisogyny, and refuse to publish this sort of hate speech in the future, as well as remove what is currently on your website.
…if you cannot grasp it, I think we’ve figured out what is wrong with humanity.
Inspired by this comment.
- Give up your tax break government handouts, bourgeois scum!
- Have your morals questioned, Christian scum!
- Be judged less competent in the workplace for the same performance, male scum!
- Have your misfortunes blamed on your laziness, average-sized person scum.
- Be culturally assimilated, white scum!
- Watch your jobs get shipped overseas, educated scum!
- Be denied access to public places, able-bodied scum!
- Have your decisions made for you, adult (but not geriatric) scum!
- Get invaded, American scum!
- Become the economic scapegoat, native-born US citizen scum!
- Have your opinions invalidated, neurotypical scum!
- Have people second-guess your love for your partner, monogamous scum!
- Receive confused and suspicious stares, dominant-language speaking scum!
QWERTYEXOTIC72: Here's a hypothetical scenario. If you got into a relationship with a "women" and you had sex with this "women". A few months later you find out this "women" was not born a women. What would be your reaction? http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=lGOxduFXPq8JQQB7hC16esGuyG6y3VaHi7IOx9HV2tk
AndyTehNerd: OK, I'll hold back the laughter for long enough to (unfortunately) validate this question with a response:
AndyTehNerd: Because anyone I'm in a relationship with and having sex with is HOT, so therefore any aspect of their past that contributed to their present state is also HOT.
AndyTehNerd: Hell, I'll even add an extra T for emphasis on how HOTT the people are to me that I choose to be with.
AndyTehNerd: Also, the "scare quotes" don't emphasize anything but your insecurity. http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=lGOxduFXPq8TOIogDR9fg8hMoe95RBzA5ZAPXcEzAZ0
Certain videos and pictures of trans* activists using the “die cis scum” phrase have gone viral (ugh, I hate that phrase) around SJ-apathetic places like 4chan, Reddit, etc. Maybe it’s a good thing they’re being exposed to different types of people, but there is one thing that really bothers me: people’s first exposure to the term/prefix “cis*” is going to be having it used as an insult.
People are going to associate “cis*” with a negative meaning, not see it as the neutral term it should be.
This is a problem, because people have been working a long time to have this recognized as the neutral counterpart to “trans*”. It’s extremely vexing to see people use the term as a joke and associate it with SJA sloganeering. Hopefully the trend doesn’t last long.
That’s the problem with being a deliberately ignored minority: since we’re being ignored deliberately, we’ll be given attention deliberately as well. It’s no coincidence that everyone is paying attention to “die cis scum” who previously had no intention of spending 2 seconds thinking about trans* issues. It’s not just that they passively don’t want to pay attention to us, it’s that they actively want to continue to not care about us. As the gatekeepers for public attention, they give us two options:
- We can beg and plead for compassion and mercy till our faces turn blue and still be ignored.
- We can become angry and have people focus on that anger to the exclusion of the message behind it.
This is not on us. Trans* people are not to blame. Any efforts to pick apart each others’ strategy which ignore the harsh reality of those 2 options above is completely missing the point. We cannot “win” this game by attempting to play by the rules, because it’s rigged. We need to turn the criticism toward where it belongs, on the cis-supremacist agenda.