1. How many years do you consider to be a fair prison term for a woman who has an abortion?
2. How many years for a doctor who performs one?
3. What other punishments would be suitable for such a breach of law: a fine, community service, submission to regular pregnancy tests, for instance?
4. Will the punishments be greater the second time around? How else will you handle recidivism?
5. Where will the state get the money necessary to prosecute one-third of all American women for this crime?
6. 42% of women who have an abortion have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level (that’s $10,830 for a single woman with no children, for those of who are counting). When women are forced to have children they cannot afford to raise, will those children become wards of the state or new Medicaid recipients? Where will the state find the money necessary to support them?
7. Will you be willing to watch your wife die in front of you when her life is threatened by an unsafe pregnancy that no one is allowed to do anything about? Your daughter?
8. Will rapists have to pay child support to women who are forced to have their children?
9. Will the child of incest be in the custody of its rapist father or the father’s teenaged daughter, his mother? In fact, 18% of women who have an abortion in America are teenagers. Will they be required to drop out of high school to raise their children or will the state provide free childcare?
10. Will upper-class white women be prosecuted as vigorously as other women who have abortions?
10.b. You are aware that upper-class white women have abortions, aren’t you?